Eating snacks throughout the day is a habit. I usually have lunch at around 11:30 at school, and get hungry later. That means I want a bite to eat before soccer practice later in the afternoon. The thing is, I can’t be eating any unhealthy snacks right before I go out to practice for two hours! Some good options are fruits and other foods that provide protein, since I would be about to go out and run around. I made a list of some delicious and easy snacks for when you’re hungry and on the go.
Here are my top 14 favorite healthy snack options:
- Cut up some apples into slices and eat them with peanut butter or nutella. It’s healthy and the peanut butter provides protein, while it also tastes good!
- Cuties and oranges are great for grabbing on the way to a practice. They taste great, but they are also good for you, since they provide Vitamin C!
- Veggie Straws are sold in most grocery stores. They are shaped almost like fries, but they are made out of vegetables and they taste so good!
- Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and grapes are all really yummy fruits! One thing I like to do with these are freeze them before eating. They taste like candy!
- Nuts provide healthy fats, and they are really good! Some of my favorites are cashews, pistachios, and peanuts. I recommend trying honey roasted peanuts!
- Cheesesticks are a great way to provide dairy into your snack. They are easy to grab and eat, just peel off strings of it and pop them into you mouth!
- Yogurt tubes also provide dairy, and they are really good! It’s easier to grab than regular yogurt, since the tube isn’t as messy.
- Dark chocolate isn’t super healthy, but it is a much better option than other chocolates. I actually like it better than milk chocolate sometimes!
- Smoothies or smoothie drinks are filled with healthy fruits and vitamins. You can make it yourself, or you can buy brands like Boathouse Farms from the store.
- Mulitgrain chips are the healthier option of chips, and then add some avocado for a healthy and delicious snack! Avocados are very healthy for you!
- Popcorn tastes great and isn’t that bad for you, as long as there isn’t a ton of butter or salt on it. Grab a bag and go for a simple and delicious snack!
- Granola, as long as it doesn’t have a lot of sugar, can be really healthy and can make other snacks taste great. Add it into yogurt or cereal!
- KIND bars are one of my favorite kind of granola bars. They are made with so many healthy ingredients, but they taste so good!
- Trail Mix is made up of nuts, raisins, and m&ms. It is great for when you’re on the go, and it’s pretty healthy, except for the m&ms!
So those are some of my favorite healthy snacks that are great for when you’re in a hurry and on the go! What are your favorite snacks? Comment below!