How crazy is it that it’s already May? This year is flying by, and April was a blur. I only have a few more days left of my junior year of college, with just two more exams. I’ve had a good semester, but it’s been very busy and stressful, so I’m so ready for summer break. I want to do a whole post dedicated to my summer goals and plans, but I’m so excited to soak up all the free time from classes and do all my favorite things back at home over the next few weeks. I will be home in Oxford for the rest of May, but starting in June, I’ll be moving to New York to nanny for the summer! I’m so excited, and I think it’s going to be such a fun experience. Be on the lookout for that post coming soon, but today I wanted to share some of my favorite products, activities, and food from April!
April flew by, but it was a good month! I think this was the busiest month for me school-wise, because all my professors were wrapping up our information for final exams, with lots of final projects and homework. I also went home twice in April, for Easter Break and then the Double Decker Arts Festival the next weekend. Both weekends were so fun, and it was nice to get away from the school stress for a few days and enjoy time in Oxford. The weather also improved soooo much this month, and the warm weather makes me so happy! I feel like my mood is always 10x better when it’s warm and the sky is blue and everything is blooming on campus. I’ve been taking so many pictures recently, so be sure to follow me on Instagram if you want to see what I’m up to each day!
- Revelist water bottle // A new water bottle always makes me drink so much more water for some reason, anyone else? This one is so cute and the perfect size.
- White overalls // I got these from Old Navy a few weeks ago, and they’re my new favorite item in my closet. I don’t think I’ve ever worn overalls before, but these are actually so cute and flattering.
- Pink Nike Dunks // I got these back in December, and I wear them almost every day! They actually match with more than I thought, and I love the pop of pink.
- ELF Brow Gel // This is a staple for me, I use it every day. I just love how easy it is to style my brows and give them more structure.
- Lesser Evil popcorn // I’ve been back on my popcorn kick, and this is one of my favorite brands! I love making a bowl of it with some nuts or granola on top for the perfect snack.
- Onyx latte // This has been my recent favorite coffee flavor, and I recommend it to everyone! It’s a mix of honey, vanilla, and cinnamon- so good.
- Peanut butter and jelly on sourdough // This is so random, but I think I ate pb+j toast like three times a week back in April. I got some sourdough at the grocery the other day and it’s so good to toast for avo toast or pb+j. I love natural crunchy peanut butter and raspberry jam!
- Blueberry + chocolate smoothies // I’ve been back on my smoothie kick recently, and this is my favorite combo right now. I like making a quick smoothie and adding granola/peanut butter on top to drink on the way to work. I’ve also been posting so much more on my food Instagram account if you need recipe ideas!
- 28 Summers // I’ve been listening to more audiobooks recently, for my walks to class or while I’m at work. This one was long, but I always love the Nantucket setting and summer vibes from Elin Hilderbrand’s books.
- 7 Husbands of Evelyn Hugo // Another audiobook listen, and this one was so interesting! I’ve heard so much about it, and I can see why there’s so much hype.
- Discipline: the Glad Surrender // This is my second Elisabeth Elliot book, and I love her writing style so much. I read a chapter of this each morning before class and it’s so good.
- Rewatching Gilmore Girls
- Sunset walks
- Baseball games
- Nightly journaling
- Making homemade lattes
- Trying new workouts
I’m so excited for May and all the new opportunities and activities it will bring. What are your April favorites?