Hello everyone! It’s so crazy to think that we are almost halfway through the school year already! I’m definitely very excited about that. I know we still have a few months but I’m looking forward to summer already! This year I told myself I’m going to try and be more organized and productive. While I do want to focus on staying on top of my school work, I also want to find ways to relax and not get so stressed out! Today’s post is about 20 different ways to relax and take time for yourself. It’s definitely important to set aside timed to do things that make you happy. A lot of these ideas are really simple and easy, because it really doesn’t take much to have a little time for yourself. Some of these tips I’ve tried and have worked really well for me, and the rest of them I’m looking forward to testing out!
- Go for a Run: Whenever I feel really weighed down with school stuff and feel really tired and busy, something I really like to do is go for a run. I don’t do it as much as I’d like, but it’s a great way to clear your head and relax for a little while, and at the same time you’re getting a great workout in!
- Soak up the sun: Whenever you’re feeling stressed, take it outside! Whether you’re doing your homework while sitting at an outside picnic table, or you take a break from your work for a bit, go soak up the sun. It can be really relaxing to take a bowl of fruit, a beach towel or comfy pillow, and a good book outside and read for half an hour.
- Bike Ride: I haven’t done this in a while because my bike is broken at the moment, but bike rides are so much fun! Go for a ten minute ride around your neighborhood or a park. It’s so relaxing!
- Pinterest Break: This doesn’t necessarily have to be done with Pinterest, but if there is a certain internet site that gives you inspiration, take a break from school work and browse! It can be so relaxing to have a cup of hot chocolate and a cozy bed where you can sit and look online. Pinterest has so many options, whether you want fashion inspiration, workout motivation, or recipe ideas, it offers so much inspo! There could also be a blog or website you like that gives you tips, it’s whatever you benefit from most!
- Go swimming: This tip probably isn’t very useful in this season, but it’s definitely beneficial in the summer. It’s so relaxing to do a few laps and float around carelessly for a little while
- Online Shopping Spree: Take a break from whatever you’re doing and treat yourself! It doesn’t have to be anything major, maybe just a new necklace, some cute socks, or even go bigger and splurge on a new pair of shoes! There are lots of after Christmas sales going on right now, and lots of websites have some cheap but cute stuff! I’ve heard that Shein, Asos, and Nordstrom Rack are some good places to find some well priced clothes and accessories!
- Take a Relaxing Bath: What’s more relaxing than a hot bath? Get a bath bomb, run some warm water, and soak for a while. It’s so relaxing and can definitely calm you down and relieve stress. Turn on relaxing music and grab a book and you’re set for 20 minutes of bliss!
- Get a Face Mask: For Christmas I got a face set from a friend and I’ve been using it every day since then. After trying the face mask including in the set, I’ve been really loving face masks and bought a few more to try out. It’s definitely a treat to be able to take ten minutes and try out a new mask, and you’re taking care of your face in the process!
- Go Enoing: I got an Eno last year and it’s seriously so fun to hang around in the trees for a little while. I recommend piling a fuzzy blanket and a pillow in it and snuggling into them!
- Find a Cozy Coffee Shop: I definitely wish I could drive right now, because this is something that I would be doing a lot. Coffee shops are always quiet and relaxing, and they make a productive environment for getting homework done or just catching up on a good book.
- Play with a Pet: I have a super energetic and fluffy dog, and he’s always up for a chase around the yard or a tug of war with his toys. If you have a pet, take some time out of your day to play with it, it relieves stress and makes your pet super happy!
- Stretch/Yoga: This is definitely something I need to do more often. I want so badly to be able to do the splits, and I know stretching a little every day can help me get there, but I never do it! I also would like to get into yoga, it seems so relaxing and rejuvenating and I’ve heard lots of people say they like it, so I need to try to regulate it into my routine!
- Journal: To journal more is a goal of mine for 2017, and so far I’ve been able to write a little about every day! I have a cute journal that I use to jot down everything that happened that day, and I love being able to look back and see what I did a few months ago! It can also relieve some stress by getting down all your worries and thoughts on paper.
- Try out a New Skincare Product: This kind of goes along with the face mask idea, but you could experiment with something else too! Go to your local beauty store or even a drugstore beauty aisle! Try out a new face wash or moisturizer! It could end up being one of your daily products, and it can be a way to relax and pamper your skin!
- Make a New Playlist: Take thirty minutes or less to go on your phone to wherever you listen to music (I use Spotify) and make a new playlist. I like discovering new songs and experimenting with new music each month!
- Pick Up a Book: I love reading, and something I’ve been doing recently is: after I’ve been so busy with homework and stressing about school, I’ll finish and put it all away and read. Recently I’ve been reading through the Harry Potter series, and that helps me fall asleep and finish off my day. Find a book you love and use it as a way to relax!
- Watch a movie/show: It can be so relaxing to just take an hour or so to catch up on your favorite show or start a new movie. Get some popcorn or a yummy snack and bundle up under your covers and watch something for a little while.
- Do Some Art: I used to be really into art last year when I had it as a class in school, and I really want to start drawing regularly again. It can be really nice just to destress by picking up a pencil or some paints and drawing whatever comes to your mind. You can do abstract or even look up some inspiration pictures to imitate!
- Get a Manicure/Pedicure: Even if you do it yourself, take some time to get your nails done! It might sound silly, but it’s a small thing you can do to treat yourself an drelax for a little while.
- Try a New Recipe: If theres ever a day you have a little extra time and a yummy recipe you want to make, try it out and experiment! I love cooking and baking, and I think its also even better when the result is super delicious!
I hope you enjoyed and these gave you some ideas of small ways to relax! I’ve realized it’s so important to relax and stop worrying and just take some time for yourself. Which of these is your favorite? Let me know below!