Hello everyone! Hope you’re having a happy hump day. We’re halfway through the school week! Yesterday I decided to make some cupcakes for my friend’s birthday. But I didn’t want to make a whole batch of 24 cupcakes, just one or two of them. So I tried out this recipe for single serving cupcakes. I had planned to follow the recipe and make two regular sized cupcakes, but something came up. I couldn’t use the regular muffin pan like I had planned. I should have checked before I made up the batter, but I already had everything ready to cook. So instead I found our mini muffin pan and decided to use that. And they actually turned out great! The batter makes about 5 or 6 mini cupcakes, and they turned out great!
Here is the recipe I used for the cupcakes. Halfway into the recipe I realized we didn’t have any milk, so I had to use water instead. But they ended up tasting just fine, although it might have been better with some milk. I’ll have to make them again the correct way sometime soon! But there aren’t many tricky ingredients, the recipe is super easy!
1 egg white
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp of baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 1/2 tbsp milk (or water, if you’re like me 🙂
I used some regular icing from a container for mine, but if you want to make some icing of your own:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp milk
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg white and sugar until completely combined. Add in your melted butter and vanilla.
3. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Then pour in the milk and stir to combine.
4. Separate batter evenly into a mini muffin pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a pick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
5. Remove the cupcakes from the oven. Let cool.
After your cupcakes are cooled off, you can add frosting and sprinkles! This is such a fun recipe for if you want to make a few cute cupcakes for friends (or all for yourself), and it’s so easy! Hope you enjoyed!
Thank you so much to Courtney from Fork To Belly for providing this delicious recipe! I used her recipe and added my own twist 🙂