Spring is finally here! After a long, dreary winter, it makes me so happy to see the sun shining and flowers blooming when I step outside. The temperatures have been slowly but surely rising, and when I checked the weather for this week, it’s supposed to be high 70s every day! I’m really looking forward to April. I plan to spend as much time outside as I can and take full advantage of the sun. It’s also my last full month of school left before graduation, so I’m going to try and do as many fun things with my friends as possible before we all go our separate ways.
I won’t share all my April goals, but a few of my intentions for this month:
- try practicing a few small acts of kindness // whether this be something small like leaving a kind note in a friend’s backpack, or a bigger gesture like sending someone flowers just because, I really want to do more acts of kindness! I know I feel so good when people do kind things for me, but I don’t do enough for others.
- run a new route or at the park // I have my top few long run routes that I cycle through every week, and I want to switch it up a bit. We have a great park here in town that has a good trail around the lake, and I haven’t run there in forever, so it’s definitely on my list.
- fuel my body properly for track // my last month of running as a high school athlete… I don’t think I’ll ever get over it. This month I really want to focus on eating nutritious, wholesome foods to properly fuel my body for my runs and give me sustainable energy.
- spend more time in devos and prayer // so far, I’ve really tried to prioritize my time in the word over the past few weeks of Lent. I’ve really learned the importance of prayer and keeping scripture in my head to recall whenever I need it. I want to get better at journaling and writing out my devotions this month.
- have the track team over for a bonding night // my track team is the best, and they’re so fun to be around! I know I keep talking about it, but it’s my last month with these people and I want to do as much with them as possible. Hopefully soon we can have a pasta dinner or go see a movie together.
I always make seasonal/monthly bucket lists but forget to try and accomplish them! I need to print this out and put it in a few places I’ll always see it so I’m reminded of fun spring-y activities to do. I can’t believe Easter is this month, it came up so soon! I love our family’s Easter traditions and egg hunts at my grandparent’s. The local farmer’s market opens in May, and we always go see if the “peach guy” has his truck set up with the best, juiciest peaches in the world. I also have lots of fresh, fruity recipes saved for later, and now is the perfect time for some baking! Anything major I left off my list? What’s on your spring bucket list?