I don’t know why, but something about the warm weather and the thought of summer always puts me in such a motivated, energetic mood. Recently I’ve just been feeling so inspired to better myself and make tiny changes to my routine. I’ve been reading lots of blog posts, watching youtube videos, and browsing Pinterest and have just gotten inspired to work hard and stay consistent with my goals. I think it’s all about making small changes but not backing down on them and giving up after a few days (which is what I usually do, ha). I’ve heard that 21 days makes a habit, so I’m going to try and do these every day of May and see if they become a habitual routine. It’s also nice that I get out of school soon so I’ll have no excuse that I “didn’t have time” to finish this list of habits.
A few that I really want to focus on:
- prayer journal: I started writing down my prayers about a year ago and I don’t do it near enough! I love looking back at my old prayers and seeing how the Lord answered them or how he gave me a different answer that I didn’t even know I needed. I just need to start setting aside an extra 5 minutes of my day to have quiet prayer time and journal.
- drink four liters of water: I’ve started doing this for the past few days and I’m excited to continue doing it! I’ll be honest, I have to pee every ten minutes, but I feel like it helps with my digestion and energy and I hope to see even more results.
- daily workout routine: if you saw this post on my exercise goals, you saw I made a little graphic of daily exercises I’m trying to complete. It’s hard to make myself workout when I’m really not feeling it, but it only takes about 20 minutes and I know it’ll be worth it.
- text a friend or grandparent: I want to be the type of person who always checks in with their loved ones and wants to know about their day, which I don’t do enough. Even if it’s just texting a friend to hangout or saying good morning to my grandmother, I want to try and text someone every day.
- write in my gratefulness journal: this is already a daily habit, but I want to still do it in the summer when I’m not using my planner every day. I basically set aside one page of my planner every month to write down my top three things of each day, such as: smoothie bowl for bfast, 100 on a quiz, fun track practice. I love looking back at my happy times and it helps me reflect on things I’m grateful for.
I can’t wait to start tackling this list every day and forming new habits! Any other habits I should add to the list?