Even though it’s already over a week into December, there are a few things that I really want to get done this month! These are things I haven’t done before or want to try before the year is over. New Year’s isn’t that far away, so now is the last chance before the end of 2015! My December bucket list:
1. Read at least three or more books. This will probably happen during Christmas break and traveling to family’s houses for the holidays. On the way there, I’ll be reading as much as I can. Some books I want to read:
- Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer– this book is written by one of my favorite authors, Rick Riordan. It came out a month or two ago and I’ve never had any time to read it!
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay– I’ve read the Hunger Games series before, a long time ago, and I’m rereading them again! I read the first two during Thanksgiving break, and I need to read this one before I’m done.
- All the Light We Cannot See– I’ve only seen this before at the library, but it looks like a good book. It’s also gotten really good reviews on Goodreads. Apparently it’s a World War II story, and I’m really interested in WWII, so I want to try it out!
2. Get people a Christmas present they love. Every year, I never know what to get people and they end up getting a random candle or something they don’t really like. This year, I want everyone to get something they will love and be happy to get.
3. Get a planner. After going through half the school year without anything to keep me organized, I would like to get a planner to help me finish out the rest of the year. I love the Kate Spade and Lilly Pulitzer planners the best.
4. Write at least ten blog posts. I want to post almost every day, so I need to start posting more! Hopefully this upcoming new year I can post more and more often!
5. Keep a journal of everything that happens over Christmas Break. Besides summer break, it’s the best thing that happens all year, so I want to keep a journal that I write in every night of what I did that day.
6. Make and decorate Christmas sugar cookies. I love going to my grandparents’ house and making them with my cousins. I love cooking, and decorating the cookies after making them makes it even more fun!
7. Write Christmas thank you cards. After Christmas, I want to write thank you cards to everyone who gave me a gift in order to show how grateful I am that I got it! I know I always love receiving letters, I’m sure they would too!
8. Go to a fun Christmas Party. Ugly Christmas sweater parties always seem so fun. It gets everyone so excited for the holiday season and it’s fun to hang out with your friends!
9. Help make Christmas brunch. It’s a tradition to always have a delicious brunch with my grandmother and family. I want to help cook this year, and make my own dish that everyone will love.
10. Spend more time with my dog, Harvey. I’m always so busy I never get to sit down and play with him any more. I want to take him on a long walk, throw the ball around, or just sit down and pet him!
So those were some things I hope I can get done this December. I want to start making bucket lists at the beginning of every month from here on out, and see if I can reach my goals by the month is over! What are your goals for December? Let me know below!